- 4,500+hours of work experience
- 4,000+hours of academic experience
- $160,000of salary, tuition, and paid vacation
- Accreditedcomputer science degree
- 50% womenA leader for women in tech
- 4 yearaccelerated program
Dev Degree is a work-integrated learning program that empowers the next generation of problem solvers. Students work on teams with experienced mentors to find smart solutions to real problems.
Carleton University co-founded and launched the Dev Degree program along with Shopify in 2016.
Located in the nation’s capital, Carleton University is a dynamic research and teaching institution with a tradition of leading change. Its internationally recognized faculty, staff and researchers provide more than 30,000 full- and part-time students from every province and more than 100 countries around the world with academic opportunities in more than 65 programs of study. Carleton’s creative, interdisciplinary and international approach to research has led to many significant discoveries and creative works. As an innovative institution, Carleton is uniquely committed to developing solutions to real-world problems by pushing the boundaries of knowledge and understanding daily.
How does Dev Degree work?
A typical week in Dev Degree looks like this:
- 3 or 4 classes on campus with the university
- 25 hours working in teams at Shopify
Unlike other programs:
- Dev Degree students split their time equally between their studies and their work placement
- Students receive academic credit for the learning they do while working on teams
- Dev Degree students receive a competitive salary that includes paid vacation, and have their tuition costs covered by Shopify
For most students, the OUAC deadline to apply to universities is January 17th, 2018. Applications to Dev Degree will open early in 2018.